Thursday, November 13, 2008

Missing the Lou...

Libby the Licker
Spanky, the Brat

I saw a brat today. It is a cross between a Boston Terrier and a rat terrier (like you didn't already know that, showoff). Not the biggest fan of rat terriers, but it reminded me of Libby, our Boston Terrier that went to doggy heaven this past Sunday. She was 15 human years old or Tony Randall in dog years. She was a member of our family, and it's been really hard this week without her.

This puppy's name was Spanky, and she is 11 weeks old. I saw her this afternoon at our local hardware store (the place with the helpful hardware folks), and she playfully attacked me, just like Libby-Lou used to do. I just don't see myself without a Boston Terrier for a substantial amount of time...I'd had Libby since junior high. Baby Mama* and I talked about it and decided that next Christmas we'll have to get Georgia Grace a puppy!








*is sexy

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Awww...

Daddy just said on Monday that "D and M will have to get little Georgia Grace a Boston Terrier". I saw a Libby dog on t.v. yesterday and felt my eyes tearing up.

I miss her, too, and I wasn't even with her that much anymore. Just the idea of her not being around. I hope she's having fun in doggie heaven...

Melanie said...

I miss little Gretel, too. I know it is hard for you and baby mama in a totally different way after taking care of the sweet little old woman these last few years...

I had never heard of a brat, so you were not showing off :) But a Brat sounds very appropriate in this family!!

Love your blogging, bro...I'm not surprised that you're hilarious, but I'd forgotten what a great writer you are!

David said...

don't be mistaken...i will have a boston, not a brat. that was the only cute one i've seen. i did some research...no bueno.

Lydia & Riley Jane's Mom said...

So sweet!
GG will be so lucky to have your (online) journal for a much treasured keepsake one day! Don't forget to print it out and save it. You are a very sweet daddy and will be a terrific loving (and fun) daddy! Can't wait to meet her!

Georgia Grace, 19 weeks and 3 days

Georgia Grace, 19 weeks and 3 days